PROCEDURE FOR ALLOTMENT OF PCOS ON FRANCHISE BASIS
- All individuals of 18 years of age or above on the date of application.
- Charitable institutions, educational institutions,hospitals , army and Paramilitary establishments etc.
- There is no upper age limit.
- No minimum educational qualification
- PCOs are allotted to any extent of exchange capacity wherever new telephone is available on demand. At all other places, i.e. at places where there is waiting list for NTCs, 10% of the exchange capacity is utilized for PCOs.
- New PCOs are allotted immediately on receipt of application on day to day basis as per their registration within this capacity limit. If there is no waiting list for normal telephones in an exchange, PCOs even beyond this limit are allotted.
- In case there is a waiting list in an exchange for PCOs, then 50 % of PCOs are to be given to the following reserved category in the order given hereunder:
- Defence establishments and other para-military force establishments e.g.BSF, CRPF etc.
- War widows/ dependents
- Handicapped persons
If all the applicants under reserved category are not cleared within the limit of 10% of exchange capacity the same is cleared by relaxing this condition.
- More than one PCO (LOCAL as well as STD/ISD) are allotted liberally, if desired by the franchisee in the same premises. However, application for such PCOs is treated like any other PCO application and no over riding priority among the PCO applications is given for such applications. Each such PCO is treated as independent for the purpose of reckoning minimum guaranteed revenue, security deposit etc.
- PCOs are allotted liberally without any restriction of distance, space and size of accommodation.
- Only TEC approved Charge indicators are to be used. Physical verification by BSNL officer of the instrument before providing PCO is not required.
- PCO Franchisees are permitted to become franchisees of Postal Department for sale of Postage stamps.
- Conference Facility on STD/ISD PCOs is permitted.
- Attachment of Fax machine with STD/ISD PCOs is permitted. No rates have been prescribed for fax messages. Franchisee may charge anything from the public depending upon the competition.
- STD/ISD PCOs are allowed to be converted into Multi-Utility Telecom Point. These points are allowed to provide Video conferencing and high-speed Internet services to their customers using broadband of BSNL.
- STD/ISD PCO franchisees are permitted to sell BSNL cellular services like SIM cards (Cell One / Excel), Sancharnet Cash Cards Coupons and commission to the franchisee is paid as applicable.
- PCO franchisee is permitted to book and install Broadband connection for BSNL and commission to the franchisee is paid as applicable.
- PCO franchisees are allowed to book telegrams and deliver the same. Commission to the franchisee is paid as applicable.
STD/ISD PCOs, giving revenue of more than Rs 3000/- per month and above for urban areas and Rs.1500/- per month for rural areas based on average of last six months are permitted to collect telephone bills and incentive is paid as applicable. Conditions apply.
- Format of Application cum agreement form can be downloaded or the applicant may use a typed application.
- ranchisee is required to sing an agreement with BSNL for running the PCO on franchise basis.