- Doctors holding recognised degree or Diploma in any approved system of medicine or surgery., qualified nurses and registered midwives, Dentists, Psychiatrists, ayurvedic and Homoeopathic Doctors, Natruopaths and Physiotherapists if they have a Degree or Diploma in the respective field at National or state level. All should be registered in the State or Central councils.
- ccupational Therapists registered with a national or state level body or holding a degree or diploma certificate awarded at the National or state level.
- Newspapers, Journals and magazines registered with the Registrar of newspapers, registered news agencies, accredited press correspondents and press photographers.
- Public Institutions (run by Public funds and for the benefit of public), government colleges and schools, recognized universities, political parties recognized by Election Commission.
- Registered Trade unions (recognized by Management of Members more than 2000 – one at the registered office and another at the residence of any office-bearer).
- Small Scale Industries-only permanent connection for permanent SSI. Factory should be within the territorial jurisdiction of the Telephone System where telephone is required.
- Eminent persons of National or International recognition.
- Legal Aid Committees.
- Social Organisations and Missions, orphanages, Leper Houses, Public Hospitals. Institute for blind and Physically handicapped
- Registered co-operative societies (other than those for sale of commodities) and registered house building societies
- Family Planning Association of India and Branch offices.
- Sports and Cultural organizations
- Gallantry award winners in the three services/ war-widows/ disabled soldiers.
- Hajj committees of states.
- Blind persons
- Central schools.
Yes, a subscriber can, without any license, use his own telephone instrument. If the instrument is provided by the subscriber, maintenance of the telephone instrument will be his responsibility and not of the Department. A cordless telephone instrument, if it is an indigenously manufactured having type approval certificate from the BSNL can be used without license and testing.. In all the other cases, cordless telephone instruments can be used only with the proper test approval from the BSNL. A testing fee of Rs. 100 is payable.
- All India Shift:
- Outgoing From a Station
Connections provided under any category except TATKAL scheme are eligible for shift on All India
basis. Telephone can be shifted to any place all over India. The subscriber who wants to shift the
telephone on All India basis may submit an application form meant for All India shift in duplicate
along with the last paid copy of the bi-monthly rental bill to the Customer Relations Centre of the
area office. After closing the telephone accounts, the Commercial Officer will issue a Surrender
Certificate to the new exchange system with a copy to the subscriber. After getting the surrender
certificate, the subscriber should have to apply in the new area. The inter-state shift will be
carried out within 30 days subject to technical feasibility. The feasibility conditions for shift
of the telephone will be examined by the new area and the action will be taken accordingly. If the
telephone could not be shifted due to technical reasons in the new area, with the concurrence of
the subscriber the telephone will be taken into safe custody till the shift becomes feasible or it
will be wait-listed and released as the position improves.
TRANSFER OF REGISTRATION ON ALL INDIA BASIS
Registrations made under OYT, NON-OYT General and NON-OYT Special categories are eligible for transfer to anywhere in India, provided the registration fee at the new station is either the same amount or higher than one paid at the old station.
In the case of deposit of the same amount, no additional charges will be collected whereas in the case of lower to the higher registration fee area, a non-refundable registration fee called "Processing Charges" will be collected at Rs. 150/- for each Rs. 1000/- for each year of registration period during which period the applicant had deposited, lesser amount of money with the department. The applicants who have registered prior to 28/04/1993 under OYT and NON-OYT ,will be charged registration fee under the previous scheme at the new station. The processing fees will also be calculated under the previous scheme. The applications will be registered under special category at the new station, if the applicant submits relevant document in support of his claim to NON-OYT Special category. The seniority of the application at the new station will be as per the seniority at the old station. The processing charge will not be considered as deposit. The interest on registration amount will be calculated from the original date of registration. No transfer of registration from NON-OYT General to OYT and vice versa will be permitted at the time of transfer on All India basis. The request for transfer may be made on a plain paper to the concerned Telecom authority, who will examine and issue a surrender certificate to the Telecom authority at the new station with a copy to the applicant. The applicant who receives the surrender certificate will have to apply with a copy of the surrender certificate in a priced application form available at the Customer Relations Centres of the area offices and submit the same within 30 days from the date of issue of surrender certificate to the area office concerned, who in turn will collect from the applicant, the deposit/ registration fee as applicable to the new station alongwith the non-refundable processing charges wherever necessary. If the original date of registration has already been covered, the registration will be released immediately, otherwise it will be waitlisted.
The telephone subscribers who opt for ISD facility are requetsed to submit their application accompanied by
- Two recent passport size photographs duly attested by a gazetted officer, and
- Introduction letters from two telephone subscribers of their area with a minimum of 2 years standing.
Xerox copy of valid passport duly attested by a gazetted officer & also permanent income-tax number, if the subscriber is not an income-tax payer, a declaration to this effect is to be given.
The telephone subscribers who opt for ISD facility are requested to submit their application accompanied by Two recent passport size photographs duly attested by a gazetted officer, and Introduction letters from two telephone subscribers of their area with a minimum of 2 years standing. ALTERNATIVELY bring xerox copy of valid passport duly attested by a gazetted officer & also permanent income-tax number, if the subscriber is not an income-tax payer, a declaration to this effect is to be given.