MPLS Based VPN Service
BSNL's IP Backbone using MPLS Technology:
Keeping pace with the technological trend to provide latest and varied value added services to its customers, BSNL harnesses IP Infrastructure based on MPLS Technology to offer world class IP VPN services. MPLS is an acronym for "Multi Protocol Label Switching".
MPLS VPN is a technology that allows a Service Provider like BSNL to have complete control over parameters that are critical to offering its customers service guarantees with regard to bandwidth throughputs, latencies and availability. The technology enables secure Virtual Private Networks (VPN) to be built and allows scalability that will make it possible for BSNL to offer assured growth to its customers without having to make significant investments. BSNL would now be geared to provide Bandwidth on demand, Video Conferencing, Voice Over IP (VoIP) and a host of other value added services that could revolutionize the way a corporate business works!
MPLS based VPNs reduce customer networking complexity, costs and totally do away with the requirement of in-house technical work force. Rather than setting up and managing individual point-to-point circuits between each office using pair of Leased Lines, MPLS VPN customers need to provide only one connection from their office router to a service provider edge router.
BSNL has tied up with various Networking solution providers to provide end-to-end solution to its valued customers, including Customer End (CE) routers and other networking components.
What advantages does MPLS VPN have over other Technologies:
BSNL's primary objectives in setting up the BGP/MPLS VPN network are:
- Provide a diversified range of services (Layer 2, Layer 3 and Dial up VPNs) to meet the requirements of the entire spectrum of customers from Small and Medium to Large business enterprises and financial institutions.
- Make the service very simple for customers to use even if they lack experience in IP routing.
- Make the service very scalable and flexible to facilitate large-scale deployment.
- Provide a reliable and amenable service, offering SLA to customers
- Capable of meeting a wide range of customer requirements, including security, quality of Service (QOS) and any-to-any connectivity.
- Capable of offering fully managed services to customers.
- Allow BSNL to introduce additional services such as bandwidth on demand etc over the same network.
- For Detailed Enquiry and for Application contact nearest Customer Service Centre or commercial officer of your area
- BSNL MPLS Help Desk Number 1800-425-1957